- Lions won’t attack humans unless directly threatened. Despite our deep fear of these animals, unless you jump out at them within a few feet they will just run away.
- Fire ants can kill baby humans. Apparently they really hurt adult humans when they bite too.
- Baby warthogs are adorable. They’re so ugly that they’re cute.
- Giraffes make no audible sound. Apparently they communicate using their eyes and touch. I have also read that they use infrasound, inaudible to us, to communicate over long distances.
- Leopards are selfish. They will kill for sport and won’t share their food with other animals–they sound a lot like humans.
- Cheetahs and leopards are solitary. Only lions form social units, prides consisting of one male (sometimes two brothers) and several females.
- The sound an elephant makes rubbing against a tree sounds roughly like sandpaper on wood. Although their skin looks just like tree bark, it must be tougher.
- Jackals are really cute. I have no idea why they have such a bad reputation.
- Lions hunt by brute strength, cheetahs by speed and leopards by stealth and cunning.
- The hippopotamus is the most dangerous animal on the savannah.
- The African bush elephant (Loxodonta africana) could become extinct within our lifetimes. They also love watermelon (okay that’s two things).
Copyright © 2018 wildershores.net/blog.
All Rights Reserved.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox
Join other followers